12/10/08




On the 9th day of Christmas... more decorating. I finally got my small lighted trees (on both sides of my front door on the porch) up and plugged in.I decided not to do the usual house lights , window candles, and spotlight shining on the front door. I am running out of time. I hung a paper star/ snowflake decoration that my daughter made last year (when she was 6) at an after school program on my curtains over the main window in my living room. I also placed one of her new creations on a shelf when you walk into the front door.
She did an afterschool art program (ceramics) and sculpted a girl throwing a snowball. She really enjoyed this 5 week program. Our schools, as many around the country, are having major financial problems and have got rid of a lot of their programming. Their art program was one of those hit pretty hard. They have "art on a cart". I am thouroughly upset by this. I feel a child can express so much through arts and crafts. (I should have been an art therapist).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so amazed when I saw how good she did on this. She is really going to be a great artist someday! Tell her uncle Matt is proud of her!