8/22/09

SOMETHING OTHER THAN A CARD

I'm am really enjoying making little home decor items these days. I found these Bazzill frames at Archiver's a couple weeks ago and have made quite a few of them. I also had an extra IKEA Shadowbox frame left over from my workshop last week so I decided to put it to use too. I made this set for my 15 year old daughter. We are working on re-doing her bedroom and these are the colors and theme she has chose to decorate her room. She is into very bold/ bright colors. She wants each wall painted different colors. Yikes! She enjoys skateboarding, sports, rock and roll, all kinds of music, and the 1980s Wish me luck. hahahahahaha
Here is a close up picture of the frame itself (that is not my daughter's picture, that is the picture that came in the frame). I am waiting for some recent pictures to be delivered from Shutterfly to add to the frame. I bought a single sheet of "doodle" DP from Rusty Pickle and colored it with bright Sharpies. I then cut out each little section, and collaged it to fit onto the frame. It took a while but I am pleased with the way it turned out.
Yuck.. this is not a very good picture of the shadowbox- sorry. I tried. I collaged the rest of the items left from the single sheet of paper onto a 5x5 inch paper scrap to place inside her shadowbox. I wish the picture turned out better than this so you could see how bright and cheery it really is. Yes, this pink is nearly fluorescent


Items Used: Bazzill Frame, Rusty Pickle DP, Sharpies, Pop dots, Mono Adhesive, IKEA shadowbox Frame 6x6.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

this is soooo fun!! Love the bright colors! You've been busy girl!

Ann Schach said...

What fun! It's so bright and cheery! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Very cute, loving the bright colors.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ PPA.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh how very pretty, I love those colors and papers.