10/17/09

CUPCAKE TOTES


Yesterday was National Cupcake Day which gave me the perfect opportunity to make a cute ensemble that I have had stored in my favorites from a couple blogs sites (Nicole Heady's, and Michelle Wooderson's) for about a year now. They are two very talented papercrafters that I absolutely love.
These totes are made to fit around a cake mix box. The frosting container is then wrapped with papers or a cardstock of your choice. Aren't they cute?
My inspirations from Nicole and Michelle, were Valentine and Birthday themed but I decided to go all out and make HALLOWEEN, of course. I found a small box of cupcake mix at the grocery store (this only makes 12 cupcakes) it was a little smaller than the inspirational patterns so I had to tweak my pattern and adjust to fit this box size. Then the pocket on the front of the tote had to be adjusted as well, which led to adjusting the card size also. I made cupcake toppers with various Halloween images and hot glued them onto decorative plastic toothpicks and placed in a vellum-type bag. This bag is the one seen in the front pocket.
I had a really good time making these, although they took me hours to make. I gave them to two of my best friends this evening at dinner. They loved them. I will definitely be making more of these in the future. They would work great with Pillsbury (Funfetti) for all Holidays and occasions.


















No comments: