11/7/11

CARAMEL APPLE DESSERT PIZZA

This is one of my favorite apple recipes. I used to make this pizza all the time. I have not made it in years (maybe 5 years). As I was going through some old recipes I came across it again and made it the other day for dessert. Everyone loved it...just as they did years ago. My original recipe came from The Pampered Chef (home parties).

I bake mine on a pizza stone but you don't have too. You can use a pizza pan of any style. The original recipe calls for Granny Smith apples, I use any tart cooking apple (Gala, Pink Lady, Fugi, etc...). It truly is a yummy dessert pizza. Goes great with a cup of hot mulled cider.

CARAMEL APPLE PIZZA
1 pkg of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/4 C creamy peanut butter
1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 medium- large apple, cored, sliced thin. (removing skin is optional)
1 C lemon lime soda
ground cinnamon to taste
1/4 C caramel ice cream topping
1/2 C chopped peanuts.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove cookie dough from tube and roll out onto cookie sheet using floured rolling pin. Bake 12-15 mins. or until golden brown. Cool 10 mins. then remove from sheet surface (so does not stick). Cool completely. Combine peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in small mixing bowl. Mix until smooth; spread over top of cookie. Wash, dry, peel, core, and slice apple. Dip each slice into lemon lime soda (keeps from turning brown). Arrange (dry) slices over top of pizza. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Heat caramel topping in microwave for few seconds, then drizzle on top. Sprinkle with peanuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks yummy! you need to make this for xmas day I want to taste it!

Matt