10/25/16

Halloween Treat Bags

I made these quick, easy, and inexpensive Halloween gift bags for my daughters. I love to give Halloween goodies. I soon will be doing this for my grandson. Although, I got him a Halloween book and pumpkin hat and booties, I just laid the hat and booties on the board book and wrapped with ribbon. It was the perfect little presentation. 

These easy and inexpensive bags can also be used for "Boo Bags". Have you been "Booed"? I have been "Booed" several times through the years and this years they even had it going at the school I mainly work in. Its fun- a nice way to do random acts of kindness and surprise someone with goodies. 

I found these adorable polka dot bags at Hobby Lobby (large lunch bag size- package of 10) for less than $4. I simply placed some Washi Tape on a wide black clothes pin (Target $1 spot). I used EK success bat punch and adhered to the front of the clothes pins. The clothes pins hold the tag on the front of the bags. I colored the cute owl images with Copic Markers. Man, I struggled with this, I have not colored with these in so long and am slightly out of touch. The stamp is from outlinerubberstamps.com. I picked this up many years ago at a local convention.

I often do gifts this way. These bags are perfect for smaller gifts and are so much more inexpensive. I can get a package of tissue paper at Dollar Tree and a package of these bags at Hobby Lobby  and have enough to do 10 gifts for $5. Once you add a unique and colorful tag to the front, its more special than the store bought image front bags. 


No comments: