10/29/17

CHALK COUTURE FALL DECOR

I recently signed up to sell for Chalk Couture. This is a fairly new company that is taking the craft world by storm. Their chalkboards range from 8x12" to 24x36" and are magnetic and high quality.  You can also chalk various other surfaces like; glass, wood, metal, paper, plastic. You spread a chalk paste over unique transfer stencils to make wonderfully unique designs. 

The pastes are temporary if you choose them to be. Just wipe the surface clean and do something else when ready for a change. If you love it, you can also keep the design and make things more permanent- possibly seal it. 

I had some chalkboards cut to 8x10" at the hardware store. I bought a rustic frame to fit around my chalkboard at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. After waxing the chalk surface and allowing to set for 24 hours, I chalked various leaves from the Sept Chalk Special set. 

The leaf framed chalkboard uses 6 colors that are the October Special (buy 6 chalk pastes for the price of 5). I love the vibrancy of the colored chalk. I love the way it turned out. I will wipe it clean and do something else for winter when I redecorate the entryway table for the Holidays. 


Using the brick and mustard chalk pastes, I added design to a decorative piece I bought at Target (minus the bottles). I finally found some bottles that fit at Hobby Lobby. Yes! I can finally use this for decoration. I held onto it for a long time because eI really liked it. 





No comments: