8/2/18

Tuna Macaroni Salad

Hello bloggers. Its been a while since I have posted and especially since I have posted a recipe. It is hard to keep up with everyday tasks, work, and just life. It definitely gets in the way and often throws wrenches in plans, ideas, and their execution. With being home in the summer you would think I would have more time- nope. It feels like just the opposite. Time has just flown by. Now I am getting ready for a new school year to start. With that being said, I thought I would share a quick, easy, refreshing, and delicious recipe that can be made now or as your busy school year starts. Its keeps in the fridge up to 5 days  (it will probably be eaten before that). 
This recipe was recently shared with me by a friend and it is yummy. She has been making this recipe for 25+ years and got this recipe from her friend's mother in the 80s. From what I know, its a 1950s- 1960s recipe. When I heard the ingredients I didn't think this sounded appetizing at all.  Woah... was I wrong. Its very tasty and a delicious cold salad to eat as is or over a bed of lettuce. Its perfect as a side or main dish. It travels well. I actually am taking it with me on a weekend lake trip. My family requested this as lunch a couple days. 
Lets get started...

Boil 1lb box of elbow pasta according to directions in salted water. Strain, and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Add to large bowl. 

Add one 15oz can (including juice), one 11 oz can of peas (drained),  two cans of tuna (drained), and 1/2-1 Cup mayo (to your taste and calorie preference). Mix all together. 

Variation option: add 1/2 diced green pepper and or 1 stalk diced celery to add crunch. 

Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill in fridge for 1 hour before serving. Stir everytime before serving. 

No comments: