7/6/10

CELEBRATE FREEDOM

Playing around with some non SU! stamps. Isn't she cute? Couldn't resist this one. Colored with Copics. Punched 3 different size and shaped stars and attached at various heights using dimensionals. Added small brads, star brads, and button in center of each star for more depth and texture. Used up some retired SU! (Ballet Blue) cardstock and some old (misc.) patriotic striped designer paper. I only had a 1/2 sheet of DS paper  (I got 12- 1" strips to make 12 of these cards). I thought it was a clever way to use a splash of  busy patterned paper that was sitting in my stash for many years. I whipped these up in no time at all. I like to make quick- "no frills"- cards these days.
 
I always decorate my hutch in my kitchen with various dishes and items that coordinate with the season, Holiday, or time of year. I have recently started to collect antique milk glass (white- from various makers). I like to coordinate these items with new and festive pieces to give an eclectic look. Here's what I did for INDEPENDENCE DAY. I like how it turned out.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

love this card - first saw it on SCS and had to check out your blog. Your kitchen hutch is great! I love it all decorated for the various seasons....I do the same thing with our powder room.

I'll be back to check your blog again. Thanks for sharing!

-Krissy
www.paperinkspirations.blogspot.com