8/30/10

I love Halloween and almost everything that goes along with Halloween. It is my absolute favorite time of year.  Caramel apples,  beautifully colored leaves, crisp air, autumn decorations, hot cider, evening outdoor fires, sweatshirts,  and spooky  festivities.What could be more fun than a Halloween Party? Its the perfect time for everyone to pretend they are someone/ something else. My friends and family call me a Halloween "FREAK". The funny thing is that my brother, best friend, and next door neighbor are all 'Halloween Lovers' too. I am a sucker for anything orange and black with bats, cats, witches, and ghosts.
These projects are for my upcoming club meeting I have in less than 2 weeks. I chose to use WICKED FUN #117400 ds paper and the coordinating WICKED COOL # 120600 stamp set.  Both are new to the SU! line and can be found on pages 22 &23  of the main idea book and catalog. Those of you that don't have a current catalog can view any of the current catalogs here: http://www.stampinup.com/us/enu/default.asp.

My Halloween "Spooky" creations were totally insired by two Stampin Up! demonstrators that I follow on a daily basis through their business blogs ( Mary at http://www.stampinpretty.com/ and Angie at http://www.chicnscratch.typepad.com/chic_n_scratch/page/2/ ). Both women are so creative and do such wonderful things with SU! products.
The Spooky Mini Bag is so easy and adorable. It will hold Reese's Cups, Hershey Nuggets, Peppermint Patties, Fruit Snack Packs, or anything that is around that size. It is hand cut and folded (no die cut machine needed) The flap is held closed with velcro- how perfect! You will get 3 from one sheet of 12 x 12 inch paper.  The finished mini bag measures 3x3 inches. The bats are from SU!s new large bat punch #119279.
Directions for this project can be found here: http://www.chicnscratchlive.com/ 
(just scroll down through all the videos until you get to the spooky bag)

Those ladies that are attending my club will get written and pictorial directions.
Directions for an easel card can be found  here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/easelcard/
This was the first easel I have made- super easy! Will be making them again. I think they will be perfect for Christmas photo cards. I used the color spritzer tool to splatter ink around the image. I distressed the edges of the image and cardstock with basic balck ink and a sponge dauber. Viola!

Materials used: 
Wicked Fun DS Paper: #117400  $11.95  pg 172
Wicked Cool Stamps #120600  $14.95  pg 23
Bitty Bat Punch #119279  $15.95  pg 201
Extra Large Scallop Oval Punch #119856  pg 201
1 1/4 inch circle Punch #119861  $16.95  pg 203
Large oval Punch #119855  $16.95 pg 203
Color Spritzer Tool #107066  $12.95  pg 195
Old Olive Grosgrain 1/4 inch Ribbon #111368  $4.95   pg 191
(Rich Razzleberry/ Old Olive Markers)

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. I would love to hear from you. thanks for stopping by. Be sure to stop by and see some more Halloween creations. I will be making many more creations up until that Haunting Day.





No comments: