1/1/11

Happy New Year 2011

I apologize for my long absence from the blog world. The holidays were very crazy and I am glad they are over.  Although, I did not post I did do some stamping/ crafting. I did not take pictures of everything (I don't know why). I made some really cute boxes filled with various homemade items like earrings, frames, journals, cards, magnets,  and clips for 3 young "tween girls". I also made various gift tags and magnetic picture frames for all my family members. My Christmas cards were a hit...
 I sent out quite a few cards so I did them in an assembly line fashion. It took me quite a few weekends to finish from the stage in the above picture. I printed all the B & W photos myself (3x3) then tinted all of them using distress ink (Vintage Photo). I made equal amounts of  cards in Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler .
 Here is a close up of the finished project. I used 4 spools of red/ green ribbon from SU! by the time they were all done. I found these adorable mini candy canes at a local craft store in the miniature/ doll house section. You can really find some adorable things in that section. This photo does not show the distressing of the photo too well.
Here is a side view of the card. I had to explain to many people (non stampers) that is was an easel card. Thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year!

No comments: