4/4/11

Easy Skillet Beef Strogonoff



Hello, sorry it has been a while since I have posted. I had a computer crash, and after purchasing a new computer and trying to get things set up, I contracted a virus that wiped everything out. I was without a computer off and on for over 3 weeks. Still trying to get things up and running. I am missing my old HP photo processing software. Tying to adjust to the Canon photo stuff. Oh well, it will take time.


I'm back with another semi homemade/ perfect weeknight/ workday recipe.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb  lean ground beef (90% or more)
1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
1 pint mushrooms, sliced *optional
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbs flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup (reduced fat works)
8 oz sour cream (reduced fat works)
*cooked egg noodles approximately 1 cup per person*


Brown ground beef, onions until just cooked (not pink and onion softened). Drain excess grease. Add  mushrooms and cook until tender.


Add garlic, flour, salt, pepper, soup and sour cream and stir until mixed thoroughly. Do not allow to boil. Serve on top of egg noodles. Garnish with tops of green onions, chives, fresh parsley or other favorite herbs.




 Its not the prettiest dish but it is a good one to fall back on. Both my girls and my husband enjoy it. Its been raining here all day and no sign of letting up for a while- its a good dish to have on a cold damp day like today. I cannot wait until warm weather gets here... we like to grill out nearly everyday. Stay tuned.

No comments: