10/22/13

HALLOWEEN LAB- The Chemist


I am in love with Tim Holtz line of products. They are so fun to use and play with. My husband went with me to a local Stamp Convention  at the beginning of the month and bought me a few stamps sets and accessories from his new line (keep checking back to see what I do for the Holidays). I got my inspiration from the SA CHA- Summer 2013 catalog and also the display board at the convention. LOVED IT (so did the hubby).  I think the man image has  got a steam punk vibe and love the idea of using it for Halloween. If you look very close you can see a potion jar hanging from the orange twine. I LOVE this detail. I used Tim Holtz Idea-ology Corked Vials and added a memo pin in the top cork for hanging it onto the twine. I out alcohol ink inside the bottle to tint it the green color. After tinting the background and stamping the image,  I  colored the sleeves, hair, and facial hair using white PrismaColor  Pencil. I added a metal skull and cross bone and red and white vial labels from his idea-ology line. After taking these photos I added distress blank stickles to the spider and orange to the test tube in his hand. 


 I found the German Die Cut spider web at a local Wholesale private sale this past weekend. I thought they were so awesome! I purchased other Holiday foil die cuts at the same sale and will be using them in the near future for holiday projects.  I got the twine out of the trash at one of the schools I work in.  The art dept cleaned out old items and got rid of numerous unused/ old items. The labels on all the twine that I took were dated  1979. All of them were  in perfect condition (not dry rotted). I use it all the time.  Love finds like that...

No comments: