12/24/17

Day #12 of my 12 Day of Christmas Crafts- setting up a casual buffet


I have some wrapped empty boxes I use for decoration on my stairs each year. I also use these boxes to add height and depth to my holiday buffet. I plan out and place all pieces so they are accessible from all sides of my kitchen island. I throw in some holiday dishes and its a quick and easy good looking buffet set up. You can use bows (on the sides of boxes only due to hot plates possibly burning) but, this year I kept it simple and just green and reds. 

I staggered all different heights and shaped dishes throughout to give a contrast and make mor eye appealing. Simple finger foods so easy to reach. My menu consisted of pigs in a blanket, ham and swiss sliders, vegetables and bacon/ cheddar dip, hummus and pita chips, spinach and artichoke dip, cranberry jalapeno chicken meatballs, cocktail mushrooms,  holiday popcorn, whiskey pretzels, a large meat/ cheese tray, cookies and brownies. 


Don't pay attention to the partially burnt slider sandwiches-ugh! The last couple times I have made them the tops have got dark. I haven't used a recipe for the win years but I am thinking putting them in with other items in an oven temp of above 350 F is too high and causes this to happen. Oh well, they were edible and my family ate the left overs this morning. 


Thanks for stopping by... Merry Christmas! 


Several years ago I got one of these buffet slow cooker set ups. I love this thing! I just kept this on my ceramic top stove ( across from my island buffet) and had the hot foods in this all evening. 






No comments: