12/16/17

Day #4 of My Christmas Crafts- Cookie Exchange Packaging

For the last 5 years, I have hosted a Christmas cookie exchange cocktail party. Each person brings home baked cookies and ingredients for their favorite Holiday cocktail. All the attendees sample  the cocktails, eat fabulous cocktail party foods,  and I repackage the cookies for all to take home. Its always a great time. In the past I have bought decorative plates stacked the cookies and wrapped in cello bags. This year I wanted to change things up. I bought gable boxes at Hobby Lobby and decided to use glitter ornament stickers to make tags for the boxes. 


 I found these red glitter chipboard stickers in the dollar spot in Target last yr after Christmas for 75% off. I saved them with the thought of using them for this year's Christmas cookie exchange tags. I cut 2"x1" strips of red and white and stuck the sticker ornament on top to simulate stripes.


I then trimmed  the excess paper from around the stickers. 


Using 2" x3" green yardstick strip, I punched a tag topper with SU! punch. 

I then hot glued the paper backed sticker to the tag. 

I wasn't completely satisfied with the way they they looked and decided to add more embellishing to further match the gable box. 

I added a foam glitter sticker snowflake to the top R portion of the bulb on the tag. 

Using white 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, I will tie the tag on the box after wrapping cookies in bag and tissue inside the box. 

I love how easy these tags were and how much they coordinate with the gable boxes. 
Merry Christmas! 


No comments: