12/18/17

Day #6 of my 12 Days of Christmas Crafts- Chalk Couture Holiday Reindeer Chalkboard

This is a fun multi-step crafting project. Making a wreath and using Chalk Couture chalks and transfers. So fun and so pretty when its all done. I love Chalk Couture... If you want to learn more or to purchase items like I have used visit the link above. 
Used straight pins to secure your ribbon before you start wrapping. If you want this wreath to be more permanent, you can hot glue instead of pinning. 


 Using a 12" foam wreath form, wrap 3 yards of 2" or larger width (I used 2.5") decorative ribbon of your choice around the form.  Once form is completely wrapped, secure again using straight pins ( temporary) or hot glue ( permanent). 
Using 1.5 yards of 1" wide or larger ( I used 1.5") wire-edged ribbon start to make bow to your liking ( I doubled mine) and ends to the length you desire. 

Using straight pins to secure and hold your bow into place one layer at a time. 
I hid straight pins under center portion. Use hot glue if you want this bow to be permanent. 


I thin the wreath is pretty just like this. 
Contemporary yet whimsical!

Ok, here we go... the fun chalking part to further coordinate and decorate your home. Use the evergreen chalk paste and evergreen bough chalk transfer in both top corners. 

I used the cream chalk paste and just part of this large Christmas transfer for a small verse at the bottom of the board. 

spread cream chalk paste on only the parts you want, squeegee excess and put back into chalk container to use again, and peel sticky backed transfer from chalkboard surface. Rinsed or soak the transfer in warm water in a sink immediately. You don't want chalks to dry on your transfers or they will be ruined. 

Here is the look so far... pretty like this but, I wanted more...

I added some red berries on top of the green pine boughs after about 10 minutes of dry time. Once again, pretty like this but, I wanted more again... 

Using a white liquid chalk marker, I added white light reflection to each red berry for further texture and detail. 
*NOTE- when doing this you want to mark the same side/ angle of each item as if the light is shining consistently on that item. You don't want to randomly mark each berry as if light is shining from various directions*

I used a large magnetic hook (sold online at CHALK COUTURE) to hold both the foam wreath and paper mache reindeer head onto magnetic Chalk Couture chalkboard. 

So simple and pleasing. I am in love with this!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by. 


No comments: