2/5/12

RECYCLED BOXES PART 2

Okay, here is a recycled oatmeal canister that my daughter and I covered with glossy paper a while ago for a school project. Its made to hold headbands on the outside and brushes, hairbands, etc... inside.

I pieced together a couple pieces of 12x 12" paper to fit around the canister. Glued it with hot glue and 2 sided tape. Glued and tied ribbon around canister bottom. I found a  small melamine bowl at a local retail store and have used it for many years for various things. I decided to attach it to the base of the canister (inverted) to give more drama.

I used SU!/ Sizzix # 121812 Bigz L Die  and #1149854 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch to make the flower that I added to the top. I sewed a fabric yoyo with coordinating scraps. The flower is mounted on top of the fabric yoyo. I used decorative buttoning for the center and red and white twine threaded through button and tied in bow.

No comments: